Tata Indigo Manza Launched
Tata Indigo Manza launched on 14th October in Mumbai by Tata Motors. Tata Manza launch was attended by industry experts and Tata Group chairman Mr. Ratan Tata. Check Tata Manza website at www.tatamotors.com for more details on launch. Tata Motors have launched the Indigo Manza saloon. Based on the J300 platform that also houses the shell of the Indica Vista, the Indigo Manza is now larger and wider than the outgoing Indigo. Yes, you read that right, the regular Indigo will go out of production, with only the CS, Marina and XL variants to be offered going forward.
What Tata have done with the Manza is price it extremely competitvely. Starting at Rs 4.8 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi, the Indigo Manza undercuts nearly all its rivals - including the Ford Ikon, Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, the Renault Logan and Hyundai Accent.
Two new engines are being offered - new to the Indigo, but would be familiar since they also power the Fiat Linea. The 1.4 multi-point, fuel injected Safire petrol produces around 88.5 bhp@6000 rpm and around 116 Nm of peak torque at 4750 rpm. The 1.4 Quadrajet 90 on the other hand produces similar power at 4000 rpm , yet produces nearly 20.4 kgm of torque at 1750-3000 rpm. Both engines can haul this nearly 1.2-tonne car to a top speed in excess of 160 kph, as we found on our testing equipment.
Four variants are being offered - the Aqua, Aura, Aura (ABS) and the Aura+. A new infotainment system using Blue5 - a bluetooth based system will be on offer. This will be standard across the Aura variants, along with stereo controls on the steering wheel, while a 2-DIN music system will be standard on the Aqua variant. ABS will be standard on the last two variants, with the Aura+ also featuring twin driver-passenger airbags as standard.
The Indigo also features more space on the inside and outside, while benefitting from better quality materials, fit and finish than before. The boot is also large at 460-litres and offers a wide loading lip.
The prices of the car range from Rs 4.8 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi for the basic Aqua petrol variant to Rs 6.75 lakh for the Aura+ diesel variant. The Mumbai prices range from Rs 4.9 lakh to Rs 6.85 lakh.
Tata Motors claims that the entire Indigo range now starts at Rs 3.73 lakh (for the basic CS) and ends at Rs 6.75 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi. In this post we are giving some of the highlights of this new generation sedan.
Highlights of Tata Indigo Manza
Tata Indigo Manza platform
- Built on its new car platform and new interior / exterior
- Length 4.4m, width of 1.7m, wheel base 2,520mm (More interior space)
- Front wraparound three barreled headlamps
- Large 15” wheels
- Rear monolithic angular shaped tail – more style
- 460 litres trunk capacity
- Designed to offer best comfort, both for driver and passengers
- Right inclination rear seats with a centre armrest
- Rich two tone fabric interiors
- tilt adjustable power steering with a height adjustable driver seat
- electronically adjustable and controlled Outer Rear View Mirrors
- central console provides information on fuel consumption and ambient temperature
- 2 DIN Music System with a USB port and Bluetooth connectivity
- Audio controls of the music system are mounted on the steering wheel, for ease of access while driving
- Collapsible steering column, Anti-lock Braking System and Dual Frontal Airbags
Tata Manza Engine
- 90 hp Quadrajet Diesel from Fiat with Variable Geometry Turbocharger
- Quadra jet diesel is certified by the ARAI to give a mileage of 21.02 kms to a litre
- Safire Petrol engines from Fiat with Continuous Variable Cam Phaser and electronically controlled Intelligent Port Resizer
- Safire Petrol is certified for a mileage of 14.5 kms to a litre
Tata Manza comes in 7 colours
Tata Manza comes with a warranty of 2 Years/75,000 kms
Price of Tata Manza
- Tata Manza is priced at Rs. 4.8 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi for the petrol Safire for the base Aqua version
- The highest model in the range is Rs. 6.75 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi for the Aura+ version of the Quadrajet diesel