Advanced Backup System - PHP Backup Script
Advanced Backup System or ABS is a PHP script that helps you with tasks as backup files, backup mysql databases and deploy new versions to a server. This script is a must have for every web-developer/web-master that want to save some time. To give you an example: we can create and download a backup of a website with 60MB of files under two minutes. Try to imagine how long this takes to do it with FTP client.
The username for the live preview is admin and the password test.
- Create zipped backups of your server files
- Download created backups to your computer
- Rollback a particular backup (restore points)
- Create database backup
- Delete backup files
- Download created backup (automatically zipped for faster download)
- Rollback a particular database backup (restore points)
- Database SQL importer
- Deploy a zip file to the server
- Exclude directories, files, file extensions from your backup to make the backups smaller
- Secured with a login system
- Cronjob supported to create file backups or restore them
- Cronjob supported to create database backups or restore them
- Easy to install (change config and upload to server)
- Easily creating backup from your, and your clients websites.
- Fully ajax based for a better user experience
- No database needed for the installation
- Faster MySQL import than phpmyadmin
- Documentation file included
- Email file and/or database backups to your email address
Where to use Advanced Backup System?
So now we know what we can do with this script. Below I listed some things where and how you can use this script to make your life as a webdeveloper/webmaster easier.
You have created a demo of an web application that you have created but you want to restore each evening the database and the files to an original state so that the demo stay’s clean and professional. With ABS and cron you can restore your demo application to a clean state each evening.
Your client emails you that there is big error in his application and that it needs to be fixed right away. To only problem is that you’re not at home and you don’t know the server FTP login. That’s a problem or not. You login to the ABS system on your client’s server, and create a backup of his last files. Download it to your computer and do some changes to a file. Create a zip of the changed files and deploy this to the server with ABS. If after deployment something is wrong with your code you can always rollback to that latest backup.
You want to have a local copy of all the server files. Normally if you want to copy all your files with FTP this takes a long time. With ABS this is a task that only takes an minute or two. Backup the files and download that ZIP to your computer.