Welcome to the Cardiology Quiz. The Cardiology Quiz tests your knowledge with regard to Cardiology and the medical terms associated with it. The Cardiology Quiz questions are craftily compiled and will enable you to gauge how well you know Cardiology and the medical terms falling within the field of Cardiology.
What is Cardiology?
Doctors who focus on the heart and the blood vessels are cardiologists, and their field is known as cardiology. Cardiology is an always growing and expanding field because there are regularly breakthroughs in that area of medicine. This area of study is concerned with prolonging the health of the heart and the blood vessels, curing diseases that affect the heart and the blood vessels, and promoting practices that will encourage the health of the heart and blood vessels. Cardiologists should not be confused with cardiac surgeons, who focus on operating on that area of the body. Cardiac surgeons have a place within cardiology, but cardiology is more focused on health and treatment than surgery.
1. Which of the following describes Phlebitis?
a. Inflammation of the vein
b. Inflammation of the heart wall
c. Inflammation of the ventricle
d. Inflammation of the heart valve
2. The technique of graphically recording the electrical waves within the heart is called:
3. An abnormal paleness in the skin is called:
4. One of the triangular parts of a heart valve is known as:
c. Coronary cusp
5. Blood travels to all parts of the body from which valve?
6. Where is the Mitral Valve?
a. Between right atrium and right ventricle
b. Between left atrium and left ventricle
c. Between the aorta and left ventricle
d. Between the pulmonary artery and left ventricle
7. How many valves are in the heart?
8. What is apoplexy?
a. Cerebral Stroke
b. Death and shrinking of the blood cell
c. Inability to perform skilled movements
9. A _______ occurs when the atria and the ventricles are beating independently.
a. first degree block
b. second degree block
c. third degree block
d. ventricular flutter
10. __________ control the cell ativities also contain the cell’s DNA information.
a. Cell bembran
11. Which of the following is not part of endocrine gland?
12. Esophageal varices are
a. Hernia around the opening of the stomach
b. Swollen, twisted veins
d. Perianal fistulae
13. What does SOB stand for?
a. Shortness of breath
b. Swallow obidiently
c. Shortstatured body
d. Swallow of bulk
14. What is the largest artery of the body?
a. Inferior vena cava
b. Superior vena cave
d. Carotid artery
15. The coronary arteries supply blood to the
d. Heart muscle
16. The av node is located in the
a. Right atrium
b. Artio ventricular septum
17. Which part of the heart receives deoxygenated blood?
a. Right atrium
b. Left Ventricle
c. Right Ventricle
d. Both a and c
18. Accumulation of blood in a joint is called
19. The average human heart completes how many cycles in one minute.
20. It’s a condition in which plaque builds up inside the coronary arteries called?
b. Congestive Heart Failure
c. Valvular heart disease
d. Coronary artery disease
21. What is the production of cancer?
22. How many types of neurons are there?
23. Who disapproved the theory of abiogenesis?
a. Louis pasteur
Cardiology Quiz Answers
1. Inflammation of the vein
4. Coronary cusp
6. Between left atrium and left ventricle
8. Cerebral Stroke
9. Third degree block
12. Swollen, twisted veins
13. Shortness of breath
15. Heart muscle
16. Artio ventricular septum
17. Both a and c
20. Coronary artery disease