Complete Information about iLASIK Surgery
What is iLASIK and how does it work?
is the combination of Wavescan diagnostic eye-mapping, Iris Registration technologies, IntraLase flap creation and CustomVue LASIK treatment. It allows unprecedented customization and accuracy making it possible for the actual laser treatment to be fully customized to the unique characteristics of each of your eyes.
NASA recently approved the LASIK procedure for its astronauts following review of extensive military clinical data, which showed the use of two lasers (femtosecond & wavefront-guided) In fact, all branches of the U.S. military have approved LASIK for their servicemen and women, including Naval aviators and Air Force pilots.
The introduction of the iLASIK procedure (the combination of today’s most innovative laser vision correction technologies) means the want is over and it’s simple.
- Most of the people are candidates – make an appointment and have an exam
- iLASIK technology is safe and proven
- The iLASIK procedure is fast and simple.
What are the advantages of the iLASIK procedure?
With the iLASIK procedure, you’re wait is over because:
- Laser Vision Correction Has Never Been Better… The iLASIK procedure is refinement-it combines all of the latest LASIK procedure. It simply doesn’t get any better, so now’s the time.
- There’s No Mystery… You’ve heard thousands of LASIK ads claming thousands of different things, but the iLASIK procedure delivers outstanding results, one integrated technology solution and in some case way to better vision.
- The iLASIK procedure is 100% blade free: no blade will ever touch your eye, unlike other common LASIK procedures.
- The iLASIK procedure is completely personalized – each eye has a different treatment designed only for it. Everything is based on your individual vision dynamics so it’s all about you.
Exceptional Vision Correction Technology At Every Step
When you have the iLASIK procedure. You’ll get a completely integrated, completely personalized procedure based on advanced vision correction technology at every step.
Step1 – Creating Your Personal Vision Profile
The first step in the iLASIK procedure is to perform a series of tests to determine the individual characteristics of your vision, including the use of our Wave Scan technology. The Wave Scan system creates a 3-D map of the unique imperfections of your eyes. Then our Advanced CustomVue process uses the digital information from that map to design a custom treatment for each of your eyes.
Step 2 – Making The iLASIK Flap
The iLASIK procedure exclusively uses an advanced technology called the IntraLase Method. The IntraLase Method is a 100% blade-free approach to creating your corneal flap, the thin flap of tissue that the doctor folds back in order to perform your iLASIK procedure. The IntraLase method also delivers outstanding visual results- more patients achieve vision that is 6/6 or better when the IntraLase Method is used. And in a clinical survey of iLASIK patients who had their corneal flaps created using a blade in one eye and the IntraLase method in the other, the vision in the IntraLase -treated eye was preferred 3-to-1(among those who stated a preference).
Step3 – Your Laser Vision Correction
Now that you’ve had your personal vision profile using WaveScan technology and your blade-free corneal flap using the exclusive IntraLase Method, you vision can be corrected using the Advanced CustomVue treatment within iLASIK procedure. The Advanced CustomeVue possible, including mild-to-serve nearsightedness, farsightedness and all types of astigmatism.
Clinical studies results showed that one year after treatment:
- 100 percent of nearsighted patient’s ad more than 95 percent of all clinical study patients could pass a driving test without glasses or contact lenses.
- 98 percent of mile-to-moderate nearsighted patients and almost three-quarters of all clinical study patients could see 6/6 or better without glasses or contact lenses.
- Four times as many mild-to-moderately nearsighted participants were very satisfied with their night vision after treatment compared to their night vision before treatment with glasses or contacts.
Take The Next Step
Now that you’ve learned the basics about the iLASIK procedure, you should:
- Schedule a consultation with your iLASIK surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate for the iLASIK procedure.
- Get comfortable with the procedure by getting answers to all your questions from the doctor/counselor/optometrist.
- Schedule your iLASIK procedure and understand the post-surgery treatment regimen.
You are Probably a Candidate
The reality is that the majority of the people who meet the age and general health requirements are in fact good candidates for the iLASIK procedure. There are some conditions that exclude certain patients, but whether you have nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism, there good chance you can still have the iLASIK procedure.
If you meet the basic criteria below, you should find a iLASIK surgeon and have a personal consultation.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are in good general health.
- You have had a stable vision prescription for at least one year.
- You have no existing eye disease.