General Knowledge Quiz To Test Your General Knowledge
Article ID: 37 | Rating: 3.5/5 from 4 votes | Last Updated: Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 10:28 PM
1. What is the Full Form of YAHOO?
Yet Another Hierarchy of Officious Oracle
2. What is the Full Form of ADIDAS?
ADIDAS - All Day I Dream About Sports
3. What is the expansion of Star as in Star TV Network?
Satellite Television Asian Region
4. What is expansion of ICICI?
Industrial credit and Investments Corporation of India
5. The 1984-85 season - 2nd ODI between India and Pakistan at Sialkot - INDIA 210/3 with Vengsarkar 94* - Match abandoned. Why?
That match was abandoned after people heard the news of Indira Gandhi being killed.
6. Who is the only man to have written the National Anthems for two different countries?
Rabindranath Tagore wrote National Anthem for two different countries. One is INDIA and another one is BANGLADESH
7. From what four word expression does the word `goodbye` derive?
Goodbye comes from the ex-pression: ’god be with you’.
8. How was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu better known?
Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu is none other Mother Teresa
9. Name the only other country to have got independence on August 15th?
11. Who faced the first ball in the first ever one-day match?
12. Which cricketer played for South Africa before it was banned from international cricket and later represented Zimbabwe?
13. Which is the only country that is surrounded from all sides by only one country (other than Vatican)?
LESOTHO is surrounded from all sides by South Africa
14. Which is the only sport which is not allowed to play left handed?