Kapil Sibal - Profile
Kapil Sibal was born on August 8, 1948 in Jalandhar, Punjab to Kailash Rani and Hira Lal Sibal, a leading lawyer from Haryana. He was educated at St Stephen’s College, University of Delhi – 1967. He completed post graduation in history in 1969. He joined law college and at the same time became a teacher in Hindu College. Kapil Sibal qualified for the Indian Administrative Services in 1973. He went to the US and did Masters from the Harvard Law School and between 1977-1980 practiced as an associate in the law firm at "Cole and Deitz" at New York.
Kapil Sibal was appointed as the additional solicitor general of India in 1989-1990. He became president of Supreme Court Bar Association in 1995-96, 1997-98 and 2001-02.
- Congress party member, Rajya Sabha (1998-2004)
- Elected to the Lok Sabha in 2004.
- Federal Cabinet Minister, Science & Technology and Earth Sciences during 2004-09.
- Led the first Indian expedition to the Arctic and was responsible for setting up an Indian Reserch Station - 2008.
- First Indian minister to travel to the icy continent of Antartica and stayed there in sub-zero temperatures.
- Minister of Human Resource Development - 2009.
Kapil Sibal Contact
Kapil Sibal Email ID