TipTip - jQuery Tooltip Plugin
Article ID: 264 | Rating: 5/5 from 1 votes | Last Updated: Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 6:58 PM
TipTip is a jQuery tooltip plugin that allows use to create simple, customizable Tooltips for your web page. It is really lightweight (only 3.5kb minified). TipTip is an intelligent tooltip plugin that detects the edges of the browser window and will make sure the tooltip stays within the current window size. TipTip has been tested and works in all majorly used web browsers.
TipTip uses the "title" attribute just like the native browser tooltip does. However, it copies title and then remove it from the element so that the browser tooltip will not show up. No images are used to style the tooltip and is completely customizable via CSS.
- Customize maximum width
- Customize distance of tooltip from the element
- Customize number of milliseconds before showing the tooltip
- Specify fade-in and fade-out speed
- Supports custom callback function that is run on mouseover
- Supports custom callback function that is run on mouseout