Some Simple Facts for General Knowledge
- Did you know you share your birthday with at least 9 other million people in the world?
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
- Banging your head against a wall uses an average of 900 calories an hour.
- On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
- The strongest muscle in the body is the TONGUE.
- "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- The longest word in the English language is 1909 letters long and it refers to a distinct part of DNA.
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Feb 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
- You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
- Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
- Cat's urine glows under a blacklight.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
- Babies are born without kneecaps.They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
- Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
- One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today is because cotton growers in the 30's lobbied against hemp farmers they saw it as competition.
- You know that you are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
- There are 2 credit cards for every person in the US.
- The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan."
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
- If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
- Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds,dogs only have about ten.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
|Posted by: Administrator - Thu, Dec 3, 2009. This article has been viewed 3634 times.
|Online URL: https://www.articlediary.com/article/some-simple-facts-for-general-knowledge-86.html
Powered by PHPKB (Knowledge Base Software)