Famous Quotes by Albert Einstein
- Before God, we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
- Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.
- Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience.
- Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.
- Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions that differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
- I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.
- If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
- If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Imagination is more important than knowledge...
- It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man presents his views without penalty, there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population.
- My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds.
- Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.
- Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
- The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty, and Truth. The trite subjects of human efforts, possessions, outward success, luxury have always seemed to me contemptible.
- The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity.
- The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
- The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.
- The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
- The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
- To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
- Too many of us look upon Americans as dollar chasers. This is a cruel libel, even if it is reiterated thoughtlessly by the Americans themselves.
- Truth is what stands the test of experience.
- Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.
- We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
- Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me, our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever.
- As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
Article ID: 1052
Created: Sat, Dec 18, 2021
Last Updated: Sat, Dec 18, 2021
Online URL: https://www.articlediary.com/article/famous-quotes-by-albert-einstein-1052.html