India General Knowledge & Current Affairs Questions and Answers
Article ID: 555 | Rating: 4.3/5 from 4 votes | Last Updated: Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 6:29 PM
1. Who among the following has been appointed the National Security Adviser by the UPA Government?
(a) Brajesh Mishra
(b) J. N. Daxit
(c) Soli J. Sorabjee
(d) T. K. A. Nair
2. Who among the following is the new Chief Minister of Karnataka?
(a) S. M. Krishna
(b) Uma Bharti
(c) Dharam Singh
(d) Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy
3. Who among the following has won the Miss Universe 2004 crown?
(a) Jennifer Hawkins
(b) Shandi Finnessey
(c) Alba Reyes
(d) None of these
4. A solemn ceremony to mark the 60th Anniversary of D-Day landings of the Allies troops during the Second World War, was held in
(a) Pearl Harbour
(c) New York
5. Which of the following cricketers holds the world record of maximum number of sixes in Tests?
(a) Chris Carins (New Zealand)
(b) Viv Richards (West Indies)
(c) Sachin Tendulkar (India)
(d) Wasim Akram (Pakistan)
6. Who among the following has been appointed the new Chief Justice of India?
(a) Justice Rajendra Babu
(b) Justice V. N. Khare
(c) Justice R. C. Lahoti
(d) None of these
7. Who among the following sports persons got the honour of lighting the Olympic flame at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in New Delhi recently?
(a) Anjali Bhagwat
(b) Abhinav Bindra
(c) Viswanathan Anand
(d) K. M. Beenamol
8. Who among the following has been appointed new chairman of the National Commission for Farmers?
(a) Ajit Singh
(b) K. C. Pant
(c) Dr. M. S. Swaminathan
(d) Sharad Pawar
9. Which of the following planets crossed the face of the sun (in transit) after 122 years recently?
10. Which of the following countries was readmitted to the Commonwealth recently?
(d) None of these
11. The world governing body of which of the following sports celebrated its 100 years in existence recently?
12. Who among the following won the men?s singles title of the French Open 2004?
(a) Guillermo Coria
(b) Roger Federer
(c) Andy Roddick
(d) Gaston Gaudio
13. Who is India’s first Woman Grand Master in Chess?
(a) Aarthie Ramaswamy
(b) Koneru Humpy
(c) S. Meenakshi
(d) S. Vijayalakshmi
14. The age of a tree can be determined by
(a) Measuring its height
(b) Measuring its diameter
(c) Analyzing its sap
(d) Counting the annual growth rings of its stem
15. Which one of the following pairs of "Mountains:Continents" is not correctly matched?
(a) The Rocky:North America
(b) The Andes:South America
(c) The Alps:Europe
(d) The Ural:Africa
16. Which of the following pairs is correctly matched?
(a) Purna Swaraj Resolution:1929
(b) Martyrdom of Sardar Bhagat Singh:1931
(c) Formation of the Congress Socialist Party:1939
(d) Simla Confeence:1940
17. The Lingaraja Temple built during the medieval period is at
(d) Mount Abu
18. Which one of the following is essentially a solo dance?
19. The deepest oceanic trench "Mariana" is located in
(a) Atlantic Ocean
(b) Arctic Ocean
(c) Pacific Ocean
(d) Indian Ocean
20. Although fog consists of fine drops of water, we cannot see clearly through it because
(a) The light rays undergo total internal reflection in the drops
(b) Fine drops of water in fog polarize the light
(c) The fine drops are opaque to the light
(d) The drops scatter most of the light
21. During the Mughal period, which one of the following were the first to come to India as traders?
22. Who among the following Delhi Sultans is known for introducing market control mechanism?
(c) Alauddin Khalji
(d) Firoze Tughlaq
23. Which one of the following mountain peaks of the Himalayas is NOT in India?
(b) Nanda Devi
(c) Mt. Kamet
24. A rift valley is formed mainly due to
(a) The forces of tension in the earth’s crust
(b) The subsidence of the floor of a river valley
(c) The valley formed after the formation of fold mountains
(d) The deepening of a valley by ice action
25. Who is the author of the book, "The Man Who Divided India"?
(a) Arun Shourie
(b) Dominique Lapierre
(c) Rafiq Zakaria
(d) Salman Rushdie