General Knowledge Facts
These general knowledge facts test your basic general knowledge on a variety of topics, from general knowledge facts, science to history and more. These general knowledge facts are creatively compiled to help you know about the world around you.
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
- A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
- A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- A duck’s quake can’t echo.
- Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
- All the State names are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
- Almonds are a member of the peach family.
- An average American, in his whole life, will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
- Babies are born without kneecaps. They don’t appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
- February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
- In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
- If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- "Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" with your right.
- The average person’s left hand does 56% of the typing.
- The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.
- The words ’racecar’, ’kayak’, ’level’, ’madam’ and "Malayalam" are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous" tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order "abstemious" and "facetious."
- There’s no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur. So do Zebras.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one periterrow of the keyboard.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
Did you find these general knowledge facts useful? Please share them with your friends & family to help them increase their general knowledge by reading these general knowledge facts.
suppare it help me lot
lovely facts... Keep including them
I like these type of general knowledge facts. I learnt a lot from them. I hope you add more on them. Thank you!
hello darlimg i am your leader